Title: The X-Family (終極一家) Original Soundtrack
Publisher: H.I.M International Music
Year Released: 2007
Number of tracks: 15
1. Superb – Fahrenheit
2. Don’t Know How to Love – Fahrenheit
3. You are all my memories – Calvin Chen
4. Willing not to love you – Arron Yan
5. The Water Side – Jiro Wang
6. ULABAHA – Pauline Lan / Jiro Wang / Huang Xiao Rou / Xie He Xian
7. There is Rain in the Wind – Ni Shi Wo Suo You De Hui Yi instrumental
8. Battle of Space and Time – Chu Shen Ru Hua instrumental
9. Waiting Quietly – Bu Hui Ai instrumental
10.I Exist – Bu Hui Ai instrumental
11. Love in Reverse Current – Zai Shui Yi Fang instrumental
12. The Mystery of Super Power – Chu Shen Ru Hua instrumental
13. The Future that Couldn’t Catch Up – Bu Hui Ai instrumental
14. The Freezing Cold Summer – Zai Shui Yi Fang instrumental
15. Crossing Space and Time to Fall in Love with You – Bu Hui Ai instrumental
Due to licensing issues and rights with Calvin’s outfit from The X-Family series, HIM has delayed the X-Family OST Soundtrack a total of 4 times now. Many fans have pre-ordered and waited for over a month for the Soundtrack, now HIM has finally confirmed that the final release date for the X-Family OST will be August 31st, 2OO7.
‘Superb’, ‘Don’t know how to love’ and ‘Willing not to love you’ are definitely the three most favourite songs for me from this OST. Even though I am not a ‘big’ Fahrenheit fan I found the songs quiet catchy. Superb is an upbeat song and a fast song to sing. At first I thought they were going to be doing some sort of rap or something but I guess not. From their first album till now, I must admit that their singing has indeed improved but they’ve got a long way to go still compared to other artists out there. The beat is actually quiet catchy and they are so damn SHUAI in the MV.
‘Don’t know how to love’ the ending song for the drama but isn’t used until episode 30 and up or so, but it’s used as an insert song. It’s a softer and slower song, but isn’t the only one in the album, along with ‘You are all my memories’, ‘Willing not to love you’ and ‘Water slide’.
This album really shows who can sing or not as they each did a solo in the album, many fans were angry at Chun not releasing a single but he’s not really a main in the drama. I’d still say my most favourite is Arron still, he’s got a really soft voice and it’s deep. Not excluding Jiro and Calvin I personally think that did a very good job on their song as well.
Wu La Ba Ha is another upbeat song in the album sung by some of the cast of the X Family, it’s a rap sort of song which is pretty cool, ‘freeze wu la ba ha’ I was laughing throughout this song and I love Xie He Xian’s vocals
I give this album 4/5 as there were too many instrumentals. The instrumentals were alright but I’d prefer for them to have more songs than instrumentals. After listening to this soundtrack Fahrenheit are beginning to leave a good impression on me. Their singing is improving and for any who hasn’t seen the drama. A must watch you’d be as we say ‘roffling’ at the scenes and stupid jokes they make.