If I had my way all the time all my reviews would turn out into my LJ posts which in turn are full of fail since I sometimes don’t know what I’m typing about. This will be shorter then Mary’s essay since I got capped talking to her on msn last night – Less text and more pictures. (HAH! I lasted 8 days more then you.)
2008 has been eventful especially for me. Lots of asian going on.
2008 for me had:
- The end of Code Geass – this anime belongs to both the tear jerker and angst parts. This show was full of angst. FULL OF IT. The last episode had me bawling my eyes out.
- Shana season two ending. Thankfully it didn’t have young children incest like the first season.
- Hayate no Gotoku. All time favourite for all the crack and parodies.
- D.Gray Man ending at a strange number of 103 episodes. WHY DID YOU ADD AN EXTRA 3 EPISODES?!
- Vampire Knight started to air earlier this year and tomorrow the final episode of the ENTIRE series (the last two episodes of the anime are original) will air. I know they will be fail and just kill me because I usually hate anything that doesn’t go according the to manga – Ouran Highschool Host Club is excluded because the end paring of the anime was ambiguous and unsolved.
- Skip Beat which just started a month or so ago began to air after 130 something chapters had been serialised in Japan. I hope it finishes with dignity.
Last Friends was angst. The title should’ve been just some random title of a Hawthorn Heights song instead of Last Friends because all these serious did was fk up your mind so hard. Sure, tomorrow I’m going to become a perpetrator of domestic violence because I have the tendency to pick up chairs to threaten people. If you wanted to know who my victim usually is, its Theresa.
DSB(Gay). I’d prefer the Maso, Barbie and Ken and Manboobs over them ANYDAY. Jinnifer and Manboobs failed to have babies this year. Ohno isn’t as scary as when Nino made his cameo. I hope that threesome drug scandal was something for people to watch Maou was it? Tego!Slut will need to become more masculine for people to take him more seriously. I hope Kitty gets her happy ending.
Twilight is everything I now hate. All those stupid TBs get into it after 2 years after it was released. What brought this on? I read the book when it first came out, I didn’t really make a fuss about it.
Only 4 (6 including 2 things minor) things made me cry this year. Like CRY CRY – water flowing down your eyes. The ones I remember are:
Toma’s character dying in Maou
Just the fact that it’s Toma’s character that died made me cry – he’s always been in happy roles.
I wont bother reposting since it’s alredy on my LJ
Watching Yax3 together in the old days.
Kill my OTP much.
I got to see Miss Universe 2008 while in Vietnam. I happened to visit Nha Trang the same day they were filming. But watching it on TV was a totally different matter, the it was dubbed in Viet on top of the English. You had to listen very carefully.
Other then Miss Universe was the Animax and KBS channels on TV were there with 24 hours of anime and dramas. I had a marathon all the episodes of Winter Sonata in one go since it was on. TRAGIC. Cliff hangers at the end of every episode. You just had to watch the next episode. The female antagonist was EXACTLY like Chae rin in Choo Hyang which pissed me off because she was trying to ruin a beautiful relationship.
I still have BEIJING BEIJING WO AI BEIJING in my head. Vietnam actually got silver for men’s weight lifting, which is a surprise since everyone in the country in anorexic. Australians love to make fools of themselves in front of cameras.
I wont do anymore beacuse I’m about to cry beacuse posting took 3 hours to do beacuse I’m capped with speeds up to 5kb/s.
It’s just a different kind of butt rape.